Samen Maier GmbH
Samen Maier GmbH was founded in 1967 in Ried im Innkreis by Mr. Franz Maier and taken over by Mr. Johann Huber in 2001. Five years later, the company decided to move to Taiskirchen im Innkreis with the aim of establishing a new, CO2-neutral business location. As a family company with 30 employees, we were awarded the Climate Alliance operation in 2008. At the beginning of 2015, Mag. Johann Huber handed over his business to his son Mag. Johannes Huber.
Samen Maier has been offering a diverse range of flower and vegetable seeds, flower bulbs, onion sets and lawn seeds for all garden enthusiasts for generations.
We are committed to the principle of sustainability out of conviction.
Find out more about our beliefs here!
Our company in a nutshell
- Climate alliance and climate:active business
- CO2-neutral operating location
- Solar and wood chips
- Photovoltaics and certified green electricity
With organic seeds
- only seed-resistant varieties
- no chemical-synthetic sprays
- no mineral fertilizers
- close cooperation with local herb gardeners and seed propagators
- Elimination of long transport routes
- no intermediate storage in cold stores
- Wildflowers from Upper Austria
- Electric car with its own electric filling station
- Natural gas cars (less CO2 emissions, no soot and fine dust)
- targeted selection of logistics partners according to their environmental measures
- Energy efficiency training
We are happy to design your personal seed bag!