Beneficial magnet for your garden.
Food for the bees
Nectar and pollen are the most important food sources for bees. Unfortunately, the tasty wild flowers and herbs are becoming increasingly rare on the meadows.
Help the insects and create small habitats with near-natural gardens, because flowers and herbs are not only a feast for the eyes for us humans, with their fragrant flowers and delicious nectar they are also a huge self-service buffet for bees, moths and bumblebees. Bees pollinate the plants tirelessly and thus contribute to the diversity of species in the plant world.
The colorful mixture “organic bee & butterfly meadowgrass” consists of one to five-year-old plants that provide pollen and nectar to bees, bumblebees and butterflies throughout the insect season until autumn. Among other things: marigolds, sunflowers, blue woodruff, vegetable mallow, borage, buckwheat, yellow mustard and dill.
- Remove lawn, plant parts and roots and work through the soil with a rake until it is loose and finely crumbled.
- Species-rich wildflower meadows develop on lean, nutrient-poor soils. In the garden, the soil can be mixed with sand.
- Spread the flower seeds on the seedbed by hand
- Mix with the soil by raking. Do not cover with soil, as they only germinate in light! Keep the soil well moist during the sprouting period (approx. 4-6 weeks).
For the beginning you need patience, because the first seeds sprout only after a few weeks. Especially wild flowers grow slowly. If unwanted species sprout, remove them regularly by hand. Only after the plants have sown their seeds should they be trimmed or mowed. Remove the mowing to ensure that the soil remains nutrient-poor.
Tip: Do not mow immediately, leave the flowers to rest for a while in favor of the bees and bumblebees.
- varied food for bees and insects until autumn
- Composition specially developed by Samen Maier
- Annual varieties offer flowering success shortly after sowing, the perennial varieties enable a long-term and sustainable establishment of natural meadows
- Seed solid seeds
- 1 package is sufficient for 2 m²
- direct sowing on the bed or as an addition to the grass seed for new plants
- for the garden as well as the flower box
Create a small refuge for bees and other insects in your garden!