Home made cucumber lemonade
A new trend is emerging in the beverage sector: it is becoming experimental. Cucumbers can no longer be missing in soft drinks.
We therefore immediately planted cucumbers in the open field. After all, in summer we want homemade drinks with organic cucumbers from our own garden!
Whoever thinks now: Cucumber lemonade!?, we can assure you now: it tastes really good!
Homemade cucumber lemonade is super refreshing, with a touch of basil, scorpion head and lemon balm perfect for the 2020 barbecue season.
Cucumber syrup ingredients
50 g Sugar
1 Pinch of Salt
110 ml Water
110 g Sugar
100 ml Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
a few basil leaves
a few leaves of Turkish balm (dragon head)
a few leaves of lemon balm
- Prepare lump sugar: Bring 110 ml water and 110 g sugar to the boil in a pot until the sugar has melted. Let it cool down.
- Peel and slice the cucumber. Mix the cucumber slices with sugar and a pinch of salt and let it stand for at least half an hour.
- Collect the cucumber juice, which has now formed, in a container.
- Crush the cucumber slices (Moulinette, Speedy Boy from Tupperware) and put them on a sieve. Place the container with the juice underneath. Squeeze the chopped cucumbers well with a spoon.
- Mix the cucumber juice well with the curing sugar and lemon juice
- Cut the basil, lemon balm and scorpion head leaves into small pieces and also add them to the cucumber syrup. Stir well. Pour into screw cap bottles and chill.
- Preparation: pour some cucumber syrup into a glass and fill up with mineral water. Add ice cubes and garnish with slices of lemon and cucumber.
For the cucumber decoration: simply make cucumber strips with a peeler. Push them in a wave shape onto a wooden skewer.
Recipe for download:
And for those who prefer the adult version for grilling: Gin Tonic with a shot of cucumber syrup is a revelation! 🙂
Gin Tonic with cucumber sounds unusual, but tastes really good and is very trendy. Just the smell of cucumber stimulates the taste buds when drinking.
6 cl Gin
150 ml Tonic Water
Fill ice cubes into a small beaker and pour gin over them. Now add some cucumber syrup (recipe see above) and fill up with well chilled tonic.
Cucumbers – Detox water
Or simply refresh your water with some cucumber and lemon slices. Only a slight cucumber taste is noticeable and refreshes simply wonderful.